1. It is understood that the participants in the [PLATFORM] Artist of the Year Award Contest retain the copyright for their artwork. It is also understood that participants hereby grant Redwood Media Group and its affiliates a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the submission (along with their name and artwork title) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant Redwood Media Group and its affiliates the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their submission in order to grant such a license.
2. Redwood Media Group and its affiliates are under no obligation to use any submission or return the submissions to participants.
3. All winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent, and General Release form within seven (7) days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners must complete a W9 form and supply a copy of a document (e.g., social security card) with his or her social security number or Employer Identification Number for tax purposes. The value of the prizes will be taxable to the winners as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of each winner for the actual value of the prize received, if the actual value of the prize is over $600. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winners' responsibility.
4. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Redwood Media Group and its affiliates. Redwood Media Group and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
5. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Redwood Media Group and its affiliates in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its website, violating the Guidelines, or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Redwood Media Group and its affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, Redwood Media Group and its affiliates may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Redwood Media Group and its affiliates from any liability resulting from, or related to, participation in the contest.
7. WINNERS LIST: The name of the winner and finalists may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: [PLATFORM] Artist of the Year Award, Redwood Media Group, PO Box 360, Hinckley OH 44233