Redwood Media Group Resources
Nobody knows the fine art industry like Redwood Media Group. We hold art fairs, mentor artists, operate galleries, run art marketing seminars, connect artists and buyers, launch the careers of emerging artists, and strengthen the careers of established artists. And we’ve been doing it all for decades. Our resources offer you the best of what we’ve gleaned from our years in the industry, along with cutting-edge opinions from today’s top experts.
As governments take increased precautions to limit the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), art fairs have been canceled or postponed, galleries have closed their doors, and artists have limited access to supplies as well as outlets for their work.
In addition to health concerns, many in the industry are dealing with lost or reduced income and struggling to make plans for the future during such uncertain times.
As COVID-19 continues to impact the art world, we have created a list of resources for artists, galleries, arts organizations, and arts professionals and will continue to update this list over the next few months. Please share this list and any of the resources found below.
COVID-19 Resources for Artists, Galleries, and Arts Organizations
We have gathered information about grants and financial relief funds around the United States to help artists, galleries, and the thousands of self-employed and small companies working in the art world get through the COVID-19 crisis. Below are links to application procedures.
- 4 Culture Cultural Relief Fund (King County, Washington)
- Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Foundation Inc.
- Anonymous Was A Woman (AWAW) Emergency Relief Grant
- Artist + Activist Relief Fund
- Artists’ Benevolence Fund (Laguna Beach, California)
- The Artists’ Charitable Fund
- Artists’ Fellowship Inc.
- Arts and Culture Leaders of Color Emergency Fund
- Arts for Illinois Relief Fund (Illinois)
- Arts Greensboro Emergency Relief Fund (Greensboro, North Carolina)
- Artist Relief Project
- Artist Relief Tree
- Bridgesong Fund (Western Massachusetts)
- Cambridge Artist Relief Fund (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- CCI San Francisco Arts & Artists Relief Fund (San Francisco)
- City of Boston Artist Relief Fund (Boston)
- COVID-19 Artist Trust Relief Fund (Washington)
- Creative Industry Relief Fund (Fort Worth, Texas)
- The Creator Fund
- Crosshatch Artist Emergency Fund (Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties, Michigan)
- Culture Connects Coalition (Santa Fe, New Mexico)
- Dallas Artist Relief Fund (Dallas)
- Durham Artist Relief Fund (Durham, North Carolina)
- Emergency Relief Fund for Arizona Artists and Arts Professionals (Arizona)
- Erie Arts & Culture, Emergency Financial Assistance Fund
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants
- Fulcrum Fund (Artists based within an 80-mile radius of Albuquerque, New Mexico)
- Gottlieb Emergency Grant Program
- Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council (Greater Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Greater Columbus Arts Council COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grants for Artists (Franklin County, Ohio)
- Indy Arts COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund (Indiana)
- Kincade Family Foundation Emergency Grant for Curators
- Martha Kate Thomas Fund for Artists (Boulder County, Colorado)
- Max’s Kansas City Project (New York)
- NYC Low-Income Artist/Freelancer Relief Fund (New York City)
- Oolite Arts Relief Fund for artists for COVID-19 (Miami-Dade County, Florida)
- The Photographer Fund
- Pillars Rapid Response Fund
- Portland Area Artist Relief (Greater Portland, Oregon)
- The Safety Net Fund (Bay Area, California)
- Springboard Emergency Relief Fund (Minnesota)
- Twenty Summers Emergency Arts Fund
Women’s Center for Creative Work COVID-19 Emergency Health Grant For Artists (Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties, California)
Online Discussions & Webinars
Many arts organizations have held free online workshops, live streamed panel discussions, and hosted virtual gatherings designed to help artists, galleries, arts organizations, and arts professionals mitigate the effects of the pandemic and economic situation. Below are links to online discussions and webinars.
- Artists in a Time of Global Pandemic
- Come Together: The Art of Gathering in a Time of Crisis
- Community Space Insurance Tips
- Coping with COVID: Financial Implications for Creative Individuals
- Coronavirus: Resources: Arts, Culture and Cultural Mobility
- COVID-19 Relief Meeting – NYC Artist Coalition
- Emergency Preparedness and Response: COVID-19 and the Arts Ecosystem
- Financial Strategies for Freelance Artists in a Time of Crisis
- It Was Always Possible: Centering the Leaders Who Were Here All Along
- Navigating the Crisis Panel Discussion with Redwood Media Group
- Rent Is Due – What to Do
- Resilient Fundraising Strategies and Alternatives to Meeting in Person
- Teaching Artist COVID-19 Community Conversation
Other Resources & Information
Below are links to other resources and information, from a guide to running an art career online to information on how to stay connected while sheltering-in-place to tools to help artists maintain their businesses along with their physical and mental well-being.
- A Daily Report on How COVID-19 Is Impacting the Art World
- Artist Business and Goals Roadmap Course
- Arts & Culture in the Time of COVID-19: A Resource Guide for Creatives
- Arts Organizations Are Heading Into a Crisis. A Few Things Might Mitigate the Disaster.
- COVID-19/Coronavirus Resources & Information for the Museum Field
- COVID-19 Resources for the Artist Organization Field
- Creative Prompts for Art Projects During Social Distancing
- Digital Tools for Artists to Run a Remote Career During Coronavirus
- How Self-Employed Artists and Small Businesses Can Apply for Financial Aid
- How to Experience Art & Culture During Coronavirus
- How to Plan a Virtual Event on Vimeo
- How to Support Artists and the Arts During COVID-19
- Freelance Artist Resources
- IDC-Guided Self-Care Practice for Artists on Thursdays
- Meditations to Ease the Artist’s Mind
- Monthly Loss Income Calculator for Artists
- SBA Disaster Loans and Emergency Grants, Artist’s Edition: What You Need to Know
- Thinking About Livestreaming as an Artist? Read This First
- Valuing Your Time: COVID-19 Edition
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Your Money: A Hub for Help During the Coronavirus Crisis
These are unprecedented circumstances—yet the art market has dealt with uncertainty before. Here’s what we do know: We can and will get through this together.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be launching a guide for artists, galleries, and arts professionals on navigating the crisis and getting to the other side. It will be full of information on how to survive the forthcoming market dip, tips for getting on with the job, and how to plan for the long term.
Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know when the guide is live.